Must enjoy children, have the maturity and demonstrated responsibility to take on a full year of living and working in a home for the purpose of helping the family with childcare.
- Be between 18-26 years old
- Proficient in spoken English.
- More than 200 hours of documented childcare experience.
- High school diploma; some university education is preferred
- Present two non-family Childcare References and at least one non-family
- Personal Character Reference
- Typical references include work with day-care centres, neighbours and schools
- Present an original criminal background investigation document from local authorities
- Present evidence of medical examination, demonstrating overall health to participate
- Willingness to participate in ongoing Cultural Immersion activities while on program in host family country.
- Willingness to complete 6 units of course study at an accredited post learning institution.
During the job Au Pair will be on duty a maximum of 45 hours per week, no more than 10 hours per day and entitled to 1.5 days off per week and one full weekend per month. During the working year, Au Pairs are given 2 weeks of holiday (2 weeks without working) while paid.